Kerala Wildlife With Houseboats
Kerala is home to a diverse environment which lets the traveler experience a wildlife encounter and a pleasant backwater cruise in the same tour. On an engaging tea gardens and backwaters tour, experience the bliss of being cradled by nature. Visit the abounding jungles of Periyar and discover the enthrallment of Kerala’s wildlife. Go boating in a lake nestled amidst rich biodiversity to feel the grandeur of the backwaters. Explore the natural habitats of rare birds with a joyous excursion in a houseboat.
Day 1 - Cochin to Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Beach
- With your arrival in Cochin, you will be driven to Kumarakom; en route, witness the unforgettable greenery of God’s Own Country. Upon arriving Kumarakom, you will be checked-in into the hotel. After relaxing for a while, visit the Kumarakom Beach and add more delightfulness to your Kerala experience; overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 - Kumarakom to Periyar
- Driftwood Museum, St. Mary’s Church, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Boating
- Today morning, after a scrumptious breakfast at the hotel, be prepared to get enthralled by the wild side of Kerala with your transfer to Periyar. Upon arrival in Periyar, visit the Driftwood Museum, also known as the Bay Land Museum and discover the exotic artefacts made from driftwood. After visiting the St Mary’s Church, you can visit the Periyar Lake and a boat ride through the Periyar Lake will offer you the glimpses of some of the enchanting dwellers of the park. By evening, you will be guided back to the hotel; overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 - Periyar
- Periyar Lake, Boating, Spice Plantation Tour, Tribal Dance
- After having breakfast in the hotel, you will be guided to some of the finest regions of Periyar. Excursion for the day will start with a boat ride at the Periyar Lake followed by a rustic spice plantation tour. While boating is filled with spectacular views of the exotic birds and other wildlife, the spice plantation tour will make you familiar with the indigenous spice culture of Kerala. In the evening, embrace yourself with a traditional tribal dance programme and witness the ethnicity of God’s Own Country; overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 - Periyar to Alleppey
- Backwater, Houseboat, Villages, Lakes, Canals
- Post today’s breakfast, you will be driven to Alleppey, the Venice of the East or the Backwater Capital of India. Upon arrival in Alleppey, you will be checked into one of the luxurious houseboats, where you can spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the tranquil beauty of the backwaters. You can cruise the backwaters and explore the nearby villages, lakes, canals and the palm fringed river islands. Overnight stay will be at the houseboat.
Day 5 - Alleppey to Cochin
- Today, this amazing and delightful tour will reach its final point. After having breakfast in the morning, you will be driven to Cochin; upon arrival in this port city, you will be dropped at the Cochin Airport and it will be time to wish goodbye to the enchanting lands of God’s Own Country.
- Accommodation as mentioned with the meal plan. Transportation as mentioned with an English/Hindi speaking friendly driver/guide throughout your trip. Pickup from Arrival point and drop to Departure point. All sightseeing, land transfer and inter hotel transfer. Driver Bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charge. Vehicle / house boat replacement done if any unexpected accidents or damage happened during the journey. All applicable tax.